The ID Tech VP8300 (Model: IDv8-xxxx) and VP3300 (Model: IDMR-BTxxxx) have a very loud beeping noise indicating when you should withdraw your Quick Chip card after dipping it. While the volume cannot be turned down, it can be turned off.
(Screen may vary slightly from screenshot.)
- Download and install the latest SDK Demo app (currently here).
- In the Commands pane, open Device and click Send NEO Command.
- In the gray details panel, enter the following codes:
- Cmd: 01
- Sub: 05
- Data: 1005
- Click Execute Command. The command should be confirmed as successful.
When to remove the card
- VP8300: There is a green light that blinks on the device while the dipped card is being read. When the light stays dark, you can remove the card.
- VP3300: If viewing the side with the IDTECH logo, when the light blinks green, you can remove the dipped card.
- To turn the sound back on, repeat the instructions above, but use 1105 in the Hex Data field instead of 1005.